Recently, my group went through a re-organization and a couple of my co-workers and myself were moved to our Engineering department (FINALLY). So then they decided that they needed to move us away from the HR people (again FINALLY) and into a more appropriate work area. Immediately after moving into my new cubicle, I started to notice a few things. So I came up with this top 10 list of things I have noticed about my new work area that I thought I would share!
Top Ten Signs That Your New Cube is in the Geek Zone:
10. Cubicle neighbors having a debate about the CGI in Lord of the Rings
9. Boxes of Captain Crunch on everyone’s desk.
8. You “neighbor” only owns two shirts (at least it appears that way).
7. Everyone has a Tesla bobble head on their desk.
6. Nobody seems to understand inside voices or common courtesy.
5. People leaving work just as you show up at 7:00 am.
4. Conference calls going on between people sitting next to each other.
3. You overhear discussions on WOW strategies.
2. Lots of Star Trek paraphernalia.
AND the #1 sign that you are now in the Geek Zone:
1. Pop-Tarts in the vending machine.