In 1940 the Du Pont Corporation introduced nylon stockings. They marketed them as stronger than steel and run-proof. Du Pont went on to declare May 15 as N-Day. This was the day that they began selling nylon stockings and they sold over 5 million pair of nylon stockings in one day.
- National Chocolate Chip Day
- Police Officer’s Memorial Day
- International Day of Families
- Nylon Stockings Day
- Straw Hat Day
- Dance Like a Chicken Day
- Stars and Stripes Forever Day
- Underground America Day
- National Buttermilk Biscuit Day
Some say that Frog Jumping Day goes back to Mark Twain’s first short story. It was published as The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County. Mark Twain published this in 1865 as Jim Smiley and His Jumping Frog. But whatever the reason for this day, don’t forget to jump like a frog today!
- Frog Jumping Day
- National Fruit Cocktail Day
- National Apple Pie Day